Before you can take steps to prevent roofing problems, you need to be able to identify them.
These are the six most common roofing problems
- Poor installation – Get it right the first time and use a professional roofing contractor. Not using a professional the first time will cost you more in the long run. Avoid ongoing maintenance and frequent repairs by using a licensed roofing company. We have over 97 years’ experience in Roofing.
- A lack of maintenance – neglecting your roof can be a common cause of major roofing problems. Treat your home like the investment is, and protect the people and property inside it.
- Poor repairs – DIY roof repairs may make your roofing problems worse. Unless you know the correct repair techniques, don’t take a guess and give it a go. Get a free roofing quote from a licensed and reputable roofing company (like Roof & Render SA).
- Type of roofing – choosing the wrong type of roof for the pitch and slope may can result in major problems. We’ve worked with every kind of roof and material combination since 1921. If you don’t know what material you need, ask. One material may be perfect for a steep sloping roof, but it may not be right for a flat, or neat-flat roof.
- Flashing – roofing flashing is a great way to protect your roof. But, if the installation is less than perfect, or the wrong type of flashing is used, water will find a way into your home.
- Inadequate ceiling cavity ventilation – an important problem that is over overlooked. Without adequate ventilation, moisture and heat can damage your roof.
Do you want to reduce unnecessary roofing problems?
The best way to achieve this is by having your roof installed by a professional roofing company like us.
Roof & Render SA has a long history of successful installations since 1921.
Taking care of your roof requires preventative maintenance. Often times, home owners forget this as their roof is out of sight and out of mind.
Although South Australia enjoys a beautiful climate, it punishes roofs. That is why you need to stay on-top of roofing problems before they grow into bigger problems.
Diagnosing Roofing Problems
Early identification of roofing problems can prevent future problems before they happen. But, do you know what to look out for?
Dark spots mean that water is pooling somewhere on your roof and with moisture, comes mould. Take a few minutes every now and then and examine your ceiling cavity. If you see mould or moisture, you know you have a problem. If you have a shingled roof, look for signs of deterioration.
Curling shingles or shingles that are no longer in line mean that its time to replace some shingles.
Preventing Roofing Problems
If you take three simple steps, you can prevent most major roofing problems:
- Hire a licensed roofing company with a long history and great track record, like Roof & Render SA. We’ve been in business since 1921. This means we know the best roofing materials and techniques for the area you live in.
- Make it a habit and check for problems, or call a professional to do it. The initial cost of a professional roof inspection far outweighs the cost of repair. If you catch a roofing problem sooner rather than later, your bank account will thank you.
- Its worth repeating again: fix a minor problem before it becomes a major problem. Your home is your biggest asset and should receive commensurate attention.
- Being hands on is great, but if you’re unsure how to complete DIY roof repairs, you should call a professional. Avoid greater damage and the risk of injury. If you’re unsure, don’t do it.
- When choosing a roofing contractor or roof repair service, check their license. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! You should not work with a roofing service or roofing contractor that is not insured. If an accident happens, you may be liable if your roofing contract can’t pay the bill. Having adequate insurance coverage is also a hallmark of professionalism.